Friday, December 07, 2007

Notice of employment

The ‘sorry I haven’t posted in a long time, I promise to be better’ post is such a common one in the blogosphere that there should be a pre-written template or form-post just for the purpose. Simply write in your excuse, and all of the other pleasantries will be taken care of for you. Mine currently is that I’ve been traveling – job interviewing, to be exact. I was looking at hospitalist jobs in the Pacific Northwest and actually found a good one; I’ll be relocating to the greener, rainier Washington this summer. Also, I was rushing to finish a research project on time and trying to meet the deadline for The Great Sufjan Song Xmas Xchange. Have you ever tried to write a Christmas song? It’s harder than it sounds – Santa, Rudolph, Frosty, and baby Jesus have all been done. I ended up writing some silly thing about imagining that Christmas was in a season other than winter.

Anyway, with employment secured and some of my other projects taken care of, maybe there will be more time for blogging. I hope so. A few thoughts have been bouncing around in my head, and they are dying to get out.